Portrait Artist Graphic/Web Designer Zumba Dancer
offering Web Design, Graphic/Logo Design, Catalog/Brochure Design, Digital
Photography, Print Media Printing and Zumba Dance Fitness Classes. Long Island,
Long Island Web Design Diva Artistry In Graphic and Web Design Corporate
Identity Branding Web Graphic Logo Catalog Print Long Island,
NY 631-728-5283 Long Island Web Design Diva
Long Island Computer Pros The Computer Repair Professionals of Long Island,
New York Long Island,
NY 631-728-5283 Long Island Computer Pros
Long Island Dog Trainer Your Long Island Canine Obedience Dog Trainer Professional Long Island,
NY Long Island Dog Trainer
Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence on Long Island, New York provides initial attention and referral services to individuals, families and children, through intervention, education and professional guidance to overcome the ravages of alcohol and other drug-related problems.
Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (LICADD)
Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence's mission is to address the addictive climate of our times by providing initial attention and referral services to individuals, families and children, through intervention, education and professional guidance to overcome the ravages of alcohol and other drug-related problems.
Programs and Services
This pioneer not-for-profit agency on Long Island has been on a mission to save lives for over fifty years. Our staff is dedicated to helping individuals, families and members of the workplace prevent or recover from alcoholism and/or other drug addictions. We work to further this mission by being passionately engaged in the following initiatives:
- Problem Evaluation and Referral Services: Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence provides on and offsite professional drug and alcohol-related consultation, guidance and tailored referral services for individuals, families and community-based organizations irrespective of insurance benefit entitlements
- Family and Workplace Planned Interventions: Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence provides professionally guided intervention services for members of the workplace or family system. These educational sessions foster an understanding of the disease of addiction, help to minimize enabling behaviors and motivate all concerned to support and pursue recovery
- Employee and Union Assistance Services: Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence provides labor and management organizations with a home-based staff of professional workplace intervention specialists qualified to assist employees, supervisors or labor union members resolve serious quality of life issues as well as job performance problems associated with alcohol and drug addiction
- Prevention Through Education: Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence conducts alcoholism and other drug risk education for individuals, families and communities from kindergarten through adulthood. Programs include adolescent evaluations, parenting workshops, elementary and middle school interactive modules, and support curricula for children in addiction-based families (ages 7-12). A broad range of problem solving presentations can be custom designed and delivered upon demand for higher education institutions, business groups, church and community organizations
- Criminal Justice System Alliances: Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence implements state-of-the-art diagnostic evaluations, recommendations and treatment referral services for District Attorneys, Criminal Courts, Probation Services and the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles in connection with DUI or other substance related offenses
- Task Force Development: Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence helps develop and launch effective community- based alcohol and other drug (AOD) prevention coalitions. A professional staff guides community leaders through the process whereby stakeholders are transformed into committed action task forces (CATS) within the community. This prevention model provides effective solutions to systemic and chronic community problems. CAT members will be drawn from the ranks of parental activists, concerned school officials, interested or often affected peers, and local business/law enforcement officials. CATS motivates communities to take positive action through education, planning and professional consultation
- Advocacy: Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence plans and implements local and statewide advocacy initiatives designed to transcend stigma, reduce discriminatory practices and promote the value and reality of recovery from addictive disorders. Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence initiated and helped launch the Long Island Recovery Advocates and maintains an interactive relationship with this 501 (c)(3) addiction recovery grassroots organization
Throughout its history Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence has been acclaimed as a leading source of prevention through education and early intervention strategies to solve addiction and family related problems. No other agency on Long Island has amassed a track record for over 50 years transforming the stigma associated with addiction and assisting Long Islanders of all ages through accurate information and positively charged personal testimony.
As an independent and voluntary not-for-profit agency whose only affiliation is with the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD), we are able to objectively tailor our programs and services purely in the best interests of our clients.
Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence's administrative expertise and responsive managerial structures are evident at all levels of agency operations. The organization is effectively able to balance its professional orientation as a health care agency with the business skills necessary to operate efficiently and effectively. Attention to professional standards is reflected in the agency's accounting systems, budget and fiscal operation, personnel practices, planning activities and programming operations.
Throughout the agency's history, the governance has been and continues to be, representative of the community with the Board of Directors being composed of business leaders, professionals from diverse fields, and concerned laypersons. Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence's staff includes Clinical Social Workers, Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors and Certified Employee Assistance Professionals. The organization maintains a wide support base in the community because of the population served by the agency's programs. The legitimacy and importance of the agency's services is clearly recognized and supported.
Through voluntary contributions, some foundation support and special events, Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence has been able to provide many of its services at modest fee levels, or in some cases on the basis of appreciative service donations. Money is not, and has never been, a criterion for securing Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence's help. Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-6:00PM; Wednesday open until 9:00PM (walk-ins welcome).
Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, alcoholism, alcohol dependence, drug dependence, drug addiction, alcohol abuse counseling, drug counseling, Long Island alcohol counseling, Long Island drug abuse counseling.
Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence 207 Hillside Avenue Williston ParkNY 11596 516-747-2606 www.licadd.com